Uses of Aloe Vera
Uses of Aloe Vera
Keywords: aloe vera face wash, de tan pack, natural beauty products, sunscreen
Aloe Vera is a common succulent plant found in most Indian households and is known for its medicinal properties. Over the years, aloe vera has found a way into the skin care regime through brands constantly trying to include natural beauty products in their repertoire and given the benefits that aloe vera has for the skin and hair, no one can blame them. Here is a quick list of how and why aloe vera is so beneficial for you.
Skin Care Benefits and Uses of Aloe Vera
- Helps soothe sunburn: Aloe Vera is known for its cooling and anti-inflammatory properties that helps reduce the effect of sunburn. Although, it may not help in preventing one from getting sunburn, it can surely reduce the redness and inflammation caused due to the harmful effects of the sun. Applying aloe vera on the skin for a couple of times during the day can help soothe the skin and calm the sunburn. You can use an aloe vera face wash or a de tan pack in case you do not have access to an aloe vera plant.
- Acts as moisturizer: Unlike usual moisturizers, aloe vera does not leave a greasy or oily trace and can be used as a sleeping mask. It also acts as an excellent moisturizer, specifically for those with oily skin. In fact, aloe vera is known to help unclog the pores and soften the skin. It also boosts collagen production, giving a smooth, firm and nourished skin.
- Can treat acne: Since aloe vera has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties, it helps in reducing infection and inflammation caused by acne or pimples. It also helps boost the healing of acne spots and can lighten the blemishes. Applying an aloe vera based moisturizer or some aloe vera gel before sleeping can help manage acne.
- Helps fight ageing: Aloe vera contain molecules called sterols, which act as a membrane reinforcer. These sterols promote the production of collagen and hyaluronic acid and make the fine lines and wrinkles appear less noticeable. Since, it also helps hydrate the skin, it promotes elasticity and can be good for maintaining a youthful look.
Apart from helping our skin, aloe vera is also known to have astounding effects on the hair. Here are a few tips on how this homegrown plant can help treat all your haircare problems.
Hair Care Benefits and Uses of Aloe Vera:
- Helps hair growth: Aloe vera gel helps in the growth of hair by promoting healthy cell growth due to the presence of vitamins like Vitamin A, C and E. It also promotes blood circulation to the scalp. Thanks to proteolytic enzymes present in it, aloe vera can also repair dead skin cells.
- Keeps dandruff at bay: Itchy scalp and flaky skin can be signs of dandruff and can be treated using aloe vera. Due to its anti-inflammatory properties, aloe vera can help reduce scalp inflammation caused by dandruff and also soothe the skin from itchiness and redness.
- Deep cleans oily hair: Due to the vitamins present in aloe vera, it deep-cleans the scalp, stripping the excess oil and sebum away. It also does not harm the natural texture of the hair, but promotes silky, shinier hair.
Aloe vera is a medicinal herb with plenty of uses for the body. The Good Vibes aloe vera range includes the Good Vibes Revitalizing Night Cream, Good Vibes Hydrating Face Wash and the Good Vibes Exfoliating Face Scrub, for all your beauty needs.