The Complete Skincare Routine For Combination Skin
If you are in your teens right now, you might have realised that taking care of your face and skin is not easy, especially if you have dry, oily or sensitive skin. However, when it comes to caring for the combination skin type, it is an entirely different ballgame altogether.
As your face has dry areas and areas that are oily at the same time, you must incorporate products that cater to dry and oily skin issues or look for products that can benefit your specific skin type. And you also have to follow a skincare routine crafted for your skin type. Let’s take a thorough look at the skincare routine for combination skin.
Skincare Steps For Combination Skin
Oiliness in your T-zone, dry patches on the rest of your face and larger than normal pores are torchbearers of combination skin. If you have these symptoms, you likely have combination skin and must always follow a regimen that complements your skin types.
The steps of an optimal combination skincare routine are:
1 . Face Wash (Day and Night):
Washing your face can help you hydrate your face and also help you get rid of excess oils and sebum. It is the primary step of a skincare routine and must be followed daily.
The ideal cleanser for you depends on the specifics of your skin and how oily or dry it gets between the seasons. Generally, you must opt for a gentle or mild face wash to help you fight the signs and symptoms of dry and oily skin for your combination skincare routine.
- Effortlessly remove excess dirt, oil and makeup
- Softens the skin as it cleans it without stripping the skin’s natural moisture balance
- Ensures that the skin is clean and hydrated with every use
The correct process of using a face wash is:
- Apply some face wash on your face
- Massage it evenly throughout using gentle circular motions
- Rinse it off with lukewarm water
- Dry your face with a towel.
Recommended Products - Good Vibes Nourishing Foaming Face Wash – Argan
2. Toner (Day and Night):
A toner is an essential step in the best skincare routine for combination skin. You must look for a formula that is designed to balance the skin. A toner containing hyaluronic acid and pH balance is ideal if you have combination skin symptoms. It will calm the irritated skin while providing a much-needed boost of hydration.
The steps to get the most benefits from using a face toner are:
- Pour some toner on a cotton pad or a cotton ball until it is evenly damp
- Do not over-soak the pad with the face toner
- Gently pat the cotton pad all over your face
- Imparts continuous hydration making skin soft and smooth
- Soothes skin from itching and redness
- Detoxifies it and protects it from damage
- Purifies skin and promotes cell regeneration
Recommended Products - Good Vibes Plus Toner – Sandalwood + Rosewood
3. Moisturise (Day and Night):
One of the most critical steps of a natural skincare routine for combination skin. As the name suggests, a moisturiser provides intense moisture and nourishment to the skin, making it look plumper and healthier. You can opt for a lighter formulation like a gel during the daytime and a richer formulation at night. To evenly apply the moisturiser to your face, you need to take some gel or lotion in your palm and put it all over your face using gentle circular motions.
- A lightweight formulation for ultra-moisturisation and even skin tone
- Gets rid of unwanted dark spots, blemishes and signs of ageing
- Boosts skin health barrier
Recommended Products - Good Vibes Rice Brightening Gel Crème (For Day)
- Contains vitamin E to soften skin instantly
- A rich hydrating formula that moisturises dehydrated skin
- Infused with the goodness of Satsuma for deeply nourishing the skin
- Soothes the irritated and red skin
Recommended Products - Good Vibes Moisturising Body Lotion – Satsuma (For Night)
4. Sunscreen (Morning):
a vital component of the morning skincare routine for combination skin, it is the best way to protect skin from damage caused due to UV radiation.
A sunscreen labelled ‘broad-spectrum’ with an SPF content over 30 is ideal for protecting your skin from UVA and UVB rays. The presence of zinc oxide is a bonus as it can help soothe irritated skin. You must take the sunscreen and rub it gently on your face and other body parts exposed to the sun until it is completely absorbed.
- Protects skin from premature ageing caused by UV exposure
- Shields the skin from suntan, sunburns and skin irritations
- Lightweight and non-greasy formula that keeps your skin hydrated at all times
Recommended Products - Good Vibes SPF 50 PA +++ UVA & UVB Protection Broad Spectrum Gel Crème Sunscreen
5. Night Cream (Night):
Night creams are probably the most crucial elements of a skincare combination skin routine. Using a night cream adds to the moisture and hydration of the other products while catalysing the skin’s rest and repair function for better and quicker healing.
If you have combination skin, you must choose a balancing or hydrating night cream for better long-term outcomes. Like the moisturiser, you can take a small amount of the night cream and apply it using gentle circular motions across your face.
- Deeply moisturises the skin
- Soothes the red and irritated skin
- Helps improve skin elasticity
Recommended Products - Good Vibes Plus Shea Butter + Aloe Vera Nourishing + Soothing Night Cream
Frequently Asked Questions
Q.1 - What is best to use on combination skin?
Ans - The Good Vibes Skin Glow Face Mist - Rose, is an ideal product to use on combination skin. It has a softening and soothing effect on your skin and can be used to make the skin always look beautiful.
Q.2 - How do I take care of my combination skin?
Ans - To take optimum care of your combination skin, you must clean your face twice daily with a cleanser to remove the debris from the skin’s surface. On the dry areas of your face, apply an oil-based moisturiser to provide the skin with nourishment and hydration. Additionally, if you are planning to reduce the appearance of early signs of ageing, you must use a firming cream right before going to bed, and a firming mask once a week.
Q.3 - Which type of moisturiser is best for combination skin?
Ans - If you have combination skin, you must opt for a lighter moisturiser during the day and look for a richer formulation for the night.
Read More Stories: