We agree that taking care of oily skin is challenging, especially moisturisation. One must be extremely careful not to over-moisturise because it can build up additional oil in the clogged pores. On the other hand, not hydrating the skin at all is also not a solution, as it can make the skin dull and lifeless.
So, let’s look at some of the quick and natural ways you can moisturise your skin and also go through a list of the best natural moisturiser for oily skin.
Benefits of Natural Face Moisturiser for Oily Skin:
Using a natural moisturiser for oily skin can help you intensely hydrate and nourish your skin with all the skin-friendly ingredients it needs. Additionally, a natural moisturiser for oily skin can also reduce oily skin-related issues without aggravating your skin and causing irritation.
Top 5 Home Made Natural Moisturisers For Oily Skin:
As people are getting self-conscious, they are starting to resort to kitchen ingredients and things that are readily available for their personal care. And most of the ingredients that are kitchen staples are excellent natural moisturisers.
So let’s look at some of the best natural moisturisers for oily skin available at home and organic moisturisers for oily skin.
1 - Rose
Known for their floral uses, roses also contain anti-inflammatory properties. It is also said to be an excellent astringent. Thus rose is an excellent organic moisturiser for oily skin. Here’s how you can use rose as a natural moisturiser for face oily skin:
- Add rosewater and rose petals into a pan
- Heat the ingredients until they are boiling
- Strain the solution once it cools down and add aloe vera gel
- Refrigerate the mix
- Apply it on your face daily at night
- You can keep it overnight
If you do not wish to go through this seemingly complex process, the Good Vibes Skin Glow Face Scrub – Rosehip is an excellent alternative for your concern.
2 - Milk
This ingredient is a rich source of lactic acid, which is known for its wonderful moisturising properties. The nutrients present in milk also help your skin to maintain its barrier function. The ideal way to use milk as a natural face moisturiser for oily skin is:
- Take a cup of milk and add some lime juice to it
- Mix well and use it on your face and neck
- Wash it after 10 – 15 minutes
- Repeat the process once a week
The Good Vibes Brightening Face Cream – Coconut is an excellent ready-to-use product that you can apply instead of using a mix of milk and lemon.
3 - Lemon and Honey
Lemon and honey is an excellent moisturising pair, especially for people who have oily skin. Since lemon is a natural astringent and honey an emollient, it deeply cleanses your skin and gets rid of excess oil while intensely hydrating your face and skin.
Therefore, the combination of lemon and honey is the best natural moisturiser for oily skin and the best way to use this mix is:
- Squeeze some lemon juice in a bowl and add honey
- Mix it well and apply it over you face and neck thoroughly
- Rinse the mix off of your face after 15 – 20 minutes
- Repeat the process once or twice a week for ideal results
If you want to reap the benefits of lemon and honey through a product available on the market, the Good Vibes Moisturising Face Gel – Honey is ideal for you.
4 - Aloe Vera
This plant ingredient from the cacti family that is extremely popular in every household. It is known for its hydrating properties and UV-protecting abilities. The correct way to use aloe vera gel as an organic moisturiser for oily skin is:
- Mix a teaspoon of wax, some jojoba oil and a tablespoon of water
- Melt the mixture by placing it over a double boiler
- Allow the concoction to cool down
- Add aloe vera gel to it
- Apply to your face and neck before going to bed
- Use it daily
If you are looking for a natural moisturiser for oily skin infused with the goodness of aloe vera, the Good Vibes Aloe Vera Nourishing Multipurpose Gel is the best you can get.
5 - Strawberries
They are loaded with moisturising properties. This results in intensely nourished and hydrated skin without the excess oiliness. The ideal way to employ strawberries as a natural face moisturiser for oily skin is:
- Using a few strawberries, form a thick paste
- Add fresh cream and honey to this paste and mix well
- Put this cream-like paste entirely over your face and neck
- After 10 minutes, rinse it thoroughly
- You can repeat the process two times a week.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q.1 - Does naturally oily skin need a moisturiser?
Ans - While you might think that the oil contents of your skin might help you with its hydration needs, a moisturiser is a must for all skin types.
Q.2 - How can I naturally balance my oily skin?
Ans - You can naturally reduce your skin’s oiliness by using products catered towards oily skin and making a few lifestyle changes.
Q.3 - Is aloe vera good for oily skin?
Ans - Yes, aloe vera can help you intensely moisturise your oily skin and soothe skin sensitivity issues.
Q.4 - Can I skip moisturiser if I have oily skin?
Ans - While it is a part of the general convention, skipping on your moisturiser if it has oily skin is not the ideal way forward.
Read More Stories: