We all love monsoons for varied reasons, don’t we? From providing us with a reason to step out of our house to the petrichor or ‘mitti ki khusboo’ that fills the atmosphere and makes everything pleasant, it is the season everyone loves. However, the skin might not be all excited at the arrival of this season.
Just like winter and summer, there are a few skin issues that tag along as monsoons commence. Therefore, following these simple monsoon skincare regimes ensures your skin is happy and healthy even during monsoons.
|Table Of Content
Monsoon Skincare Benefits
The needs of our skin change with changes in the weather, so we must change our rainy season skincare regimes to suit the weather. Using a skincare routine crafted for monsoon imparts maximum benefits to the skin and keeps rain-related skin worries at bay. Skincare routines also help prevent premature ageing signs like wrinkles and fine lines.
Tips to get the maximum out of your monsoon skincare
Our skin requirements become more challenging during monsoons, as we need to keep our skin dry yet hydrated. They need extra care and attention due to the possibility of catching fungal or bacterial infections. Therefore, these are a few tips for skincare during monsoon.
1. Using Soap Free Cleansers
Soap-free cleansers are generally gentle on the skin; therefore, they are a must in your monsoon skin care routine regardless of the season. It can also help you get rid of excess dirt and oils without making your skin feel too dry. Remember not to overwash your face, as it can cause excess sebum production leading to clogged pores.
2. Exfoliation is a Must
Another great monsoon tip for skin is frequent exfoliation. It helps you get rid of dead skin cells and imparts a healthy glow to the skin. Moreover, scrubbing your face twice or thrice a week also helps flush out harmful toxins from the skin. And, when the layer of dead cells covering your skin is removed, it can absorb other skincare products better. The Good Vibes Refreshing Face Scrub is ideal for exfoliation that works well with all skin types.
3. Makeup to The Minimal
Applying heavy makeup in monsoon is worthless, as it won’t stay intact. Furthermore, using heavy makeup can block your skin pores. Using products like CC creams helps you even out the complexion while seeming lighter on the skin than foundation and other makeup products. Using light makeup products allows the skin and its pores to breathe, which results in better skin health.
Avoiding heavy makeup and regular lipsticks is an essential monsoon skin care tip that you must add to your regime during monsoon. Additionally, ditching your regular lipsticks with tinted lip balms can nourish the lips while providing them with a natural tint. The Good Vibes Lip Balm, Strawberry is an ideal monsoon skincare product for replacing your regular lipstick.
4. Use a Face Toner
Adding an alcohol-free and natural toner can help you keep your skin non-greasy and healthy during the rainy season. Face toners containing antioxidants like green tea or glycolic acid can add to maintain a healthy skin pH during these days. The Good Vibes Nourishing Toner can enhance your skincare during monsoon.
5. Never Skip Sunscreen
One of the biggest that you might have repeated during monsoons every year is skipping on sunscreen. Just because the sun takes the backseat during the rainy season, that doesn’t mean that its rays cannot harm you. Therefore, you must always use sunscreen regardless of the weather.
Another rainy season skin care tip is to add non-oily sunscreen if your skin gets exceptionally greasy. Using the Good Vibes Sunscreen can help you stay protected from the sun even during monsoon.
6. Moisturising is Key
While many people believe that your skin doesn’t need a moisturiser during monsoon, that is not true. A moisturiser is a must-have product in your skincare regime all year long. It keeps your skin hydrated and moisturised, meaning it does not have to produce extra oils to balance the moisture levels. Using lightweight and non-greasy formulations works best. The Good Vibes Moisturising Body Lotion – Satusma is an ideal monsoon skin care product you must have.
7. Add Vitamin C
Antioxidants are incredibly beneficial for skin and overall health, and one such effective antioxidant is Vitamin C. While vitamin C rich foods are the best way to add to your skin health, you must also add a vitamin C serum to your monsoon skincare routine. The Good Vibes 20% Vitamin C Glow Face Serum can be added to your monsoon skincare kit, regardless of your skin type. It not only adds nourishment to your skin but also helps you fight all your skin related worries.
8. Use Clay Masks
Monsoon and summer are two seasons that make it excessively difficult to control extra skin oils. Therefore, besides following your regular skincare regimes, you must apply clay-based face masks twice a week. They nourish the skin while absorbing all the excess oil contents from your skin.
Face masks that include aloe or green tea work even better as they remove all the dirt and bacteria from your skin.
Monsoon Skin Care Tips According to Skin Type
Besides including the tips mentioned above, you can make extra efforts and nourish your skin according to the skin type. These are the monsoon skincare tips catering to your specific skin type.
Monsoon Skincare Tips for Dry Skin
- Keep yourself Hydrated - Hydration is the key to solving most skin and hair problems in any season. Therefore, you must add to your internal and external hydration by drinking ample water and using hydrating products.
- Avoid Hot Showers - Washing your hair and skin with hot water can lead to excessive dryness. Therefore, you must avoid taking hot showers, especially during monsoons.
- Eat Well - It is a well-known fact that what we eat has an impact on our body. Similarly, it also impacts our skin, hair and nails. Therefore, we must eat well and eat healthy to avoid facing skin issues like it being dry.
Monsoon Skincare Tips for Oily Skin
- Avoid Excessive Scrubbing - While scrubbing can help you remove the excess dirt and grime from your face and skin, overdoing it can lead to problems. Over-scrubbing your face can strip your skin of its natural protection and also enlarge pores, leading to excessive oil production.
- Use acid-based face washes - Using face washes containing salicylic acid or hyaluronic acid can help you get rid of the excess oils of your skin.
- Use Mud/Clay Face Packs - Face packs made out of clay or mud can effectively suck out the excess dirt, oil and grime from your skin.
Monsoon Skincare Tips for Sensitive Skin
- Use mild formulations - The most predominant thing that anyone having sensitive skin must follow is using mild formulation products. As it can provide a soothing sensation to the irritated skin.
- Avoid Products with Harsh Ingredients - Harsh ingredients can cause many adverse reactions on people having sensitive skin. Therefore, checking the product for skin-friendly ingredients is essential.
- Products with antioxidants or anti-inflammatory properties help - antioxidants and anti-inflammatory ingredients can help the skin by reducing the irritation, redness and damage caused by free radicals. Therefore, adding them to your skincare mix can help you tackle your sensitive skin issues.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How can I control my monsoon acne?
You can avoid the breakout of acne by following the tips mentioned above. Additionally, avoiding spicy foods and alcohol can help you prevent the occurrence of monsoon acne.
What formulation works best in monsoon?
Since monsoon adds to the humidity levels, it is best to choose a product that has a lightweight formulation. Using gel or lotion-based products is ideal.
Now that you are aware of what things you must do to avoid facing monsoon-related skin issues don’t be worried while stepping out during the rain. You can choose from the products linked above or visit our website to get monsoon skin care products depending on your skin type and needs. Good vibes have products across all skin, hair, and beauty needs to help you provide your skin and hair with the nutrition, nourishment and care they need.
Read More Stories: