As a woman, you can understand the importance and place of face serums in daily skincare routines, especially their roles in nighttime regimes. However, owing to our skin type, skincare goals and the numerous products on the market, choosing the ideal product for you can be difficult. This is where knowing the right ingredients and formulations according to your skin type can help.
Let’s study how to choose and use a face serum and understand the benefits of the best face serum for women.
Choose Face Serum According To Skin Type
Since the skincare needs of every skin type are different, the products that cater to these skin types must be formulated with ingredients that complement that skin type. These are the ingredients and components that you must look for in your face serum if you have any of these various skin types:
How To Choose Serum For Dry Skin
- The serum should contain hyaluronic acid, as it helps retain moisture.
- It should also have niacinamide to improve skin elasticity and prevent microtears.
- The product should be packed with Vitamin E, an antioxidant that can help reduce oxidative damage.
How To Choose Serum For Oily Skin
- Salicylic acid is essential in the serum to help unclog the clogged pores.
- Retinol can help reduce inflammation and prevent frequent acne or breakouts.
- The serum should have Vitamin C to boost collagen and help repair the skin.
How To Choose Serum For Sensitive Skin
- Products infused with calendula can help heal wounds while being extremely gentle on your skin.
- Milk proteins and plant-based compounds can help soothe the irritation.
- Lecithin can enhance the protective barrier of the skin and help block irritants.
- Harsh ingredients, alcohol, chemical dyes and synthetic fragrances should be avoided as they can trigger allergens and sensitive skin.
How To Choose Serum For Combination Skin
- Use face serums with hydrating properties like those of dry serums on dry patches of the skin.
- Apply face serums for oily skin on patches that produce excess sebum and oil.
How To Choose Serum For Acne-Prone Skin
- Powerful exfoliants like salicylic acid can help unclog pores and reduce inflammation and redness.
- Products having azelaic acid can help drive the acne-causing bacteria away.
- Antibacterial ingredients like honey, willow bark extract, and green tea extract are a bonus.
- Lemon balm can help soothe irritated skin.
Best Face Serum For Women – Product List
Selecting that product from thousands of options can be challenging. So to make things seem quicker, we have prepared a list of the face serums you can directly include in your skincare routines. They are:
1 - Good Vibes 20% Vitamin C Glow Face Serum
Infused with the antioxidant-rich vitamin C, the face serum helps improve your skin tone while fighting the damage caused by radiation and free radicals. It also imparts natural radiance while treating dark spots and early signs of ageing like wrinkles and fine lines. The Good Vibes 20% Vitamin C Glow Face Serum is among one of the best face serums for women. Its pros are:
- Boosts Collagen
- Reveals the Skin’s Natural Glow
- Fades Dark Spots
View This Product - Good Vibes 20% Vitamin C Glow Face Serum
2 - Good Vibes Dandelion Age Defying Face Serum
Reverse all your premature signs of ageing with the Good Vibes Dandelion Age Defying Face Serum. It reduces the signs of ageing like wrinkles and fine lines, makes skin softer and smoother and provides deep nourishment for healthier-looking skin. It is the best serum for women’s faces. The perks of using it are:
- Promotes Collagen Synthesis
- Prevents Acne
- Contains Anti-inflammatory Properties
View This Product - Good Vibes Dandelion Age Defying Face Serum
3 - Good Vibes Vitamin C & B3 Skin Glow Face Serum
Infused with the skin-restoring and repairing property of vitamin B3, this serum helps reduce enlarged pores, treats uneven skin tone and restrengthens the skin surface. The Good Vibes Vitamin C & B3 Skin Glow Face Serum also stimulates collagen production to give you youthful-looking skin. It is an excellent face serum for women. The advantages of using it are:
- Maintains Moisture Contents
- Diminishes Early Signs of Ageing
- Tightens Skin
View This Product - Good Vibes Vitamin C & B3 Skin Glow Face Serum
4 - Good Vibes Vitamin E Nourishing Emulgel Face Serum
Give your face the ultimate hydration it needs with the Good Vibes Vitamin E Nourishing Emulgel Face Serum. It helps to moisturise and repair dry skin while nourishing it from within. It is an excellent face serum for women, and the perks of using it are:
- Neutralises Free Radicals
- Soothes Inflammation
- Rich in Antioxidants
View This Product - Good Vibes Vitamin E Nourishing Emulgel Face Serum
5 - Good Vibes Vitamin C & Goji Berry Depigmentation & Wrinkle Balancing Face Serum
A few drops of this fantastic face serum intensely nourish your skin, reducing early signs of ageing like wrinkles and dark spots. The Good Vibes Vitamin C & Goji Berry Depigmentation & Wrinkle Balancing Face Serum is rich in active skin-loving ingredients that target specific concerns like wrinkles and acne. The added advantages of using this face serum are:
- Boosts Collagen
- Smoothens and Rejuvenates Skin
- Fights Signs of Ageing
View This Product - Good Vibes Vitamin C & Goji Berry Depigmentation & Wrinkle Balancing Face Serum
6 - Good Vibes Hemp Seed Hydrating Serum
This face serum helps reduce signs of ageing while locking the moisture contents within. It is infused with omega-3 fatty acid contents from hemp seed and helps intensely nourish your skin. The advantages of using Good Vibes Hemp Seed Hydrating Serum are:
- Improves Skin Complexion
- Keeps Skin Youthful and Radiant
- Suitable for all Skin Types
View This Product - Good Vibes Hemp Seed Hydrating Serum
7 - Good Vibes Grape Seed Skin Tightening Face Serum
Infused with the benefits of grape seed, the Good Vibes Grape Seed Skin Tightening Face Serum helps tighten loose skin. It also helps to brighten and lighten the skin effectively. The pros of using this face serum for women are:
- Fights Signs of Ageing
- Improves Skin Health
- Makes Skin Look Younger
View This Product - Good Vibes Grape Seed Skin Tightening Face Serum
Benefits of Using Face Serum
Although you might be unaware, using face serums has several benefits, especially for women who are increasingly conscious about their skincare. Some of the most common benefits of using face serums are:
- Soothes and nourishes irritated and sensitive skin
- Prevents the occurrence of blemishes and scars on your face
- Minimises breakouts and protects skin from oxidative damage
- Hydrates and moisturises skin
- Reduces wrinkles, fine lines and other premature signs of ageing
- Contain anti-inflammatory properties
- Boost Collagen Production
How To Use Face Serum?
Like other beauty and skincare products, there is a correct way of applying face serums to reap the maximum benefits. The step-by-step process of using a face serum is:
- Cleanse the skin with your favourite face wash, exfoliate it if necessary
- Apply your routine face toner, mist or water
- Apply the face serum
- Wait for it to absorb into the skin
- Apply the moisturiser of your choice
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. 1 - Is Face Serum Good for Daily Use?
Ans - Yes, you can use a face serum on your face daily without being worried about adverse effects. Using it twice daily, once in the morning and once at night, can help you get maximum benefits.
Q. 2 - What is the Best Serum for Women?
Ans - It depends on your skin type and skin goals. There is no specific product that can work wonders for everyone.
Q. 3 - How do I Choose a Face Serum?
Ans - Always keep your skin type and goals in mind while choosing a face serum.
Q. 4 - At What Age Should You Use a Serum?
Ans - You can start incorporating a serum into your routine in your early 20s.
Read More Stories: